Financial Advice Disclosure:
MyMoneyWizard.com is an opinion based website written and edited entirely by me, sole owner of My Money Wizard, LLC. I am not a professional financial adviser, certified personal financial planner, registered investment advisor, CPA, retirement planner, or anything of that sort. I am just a guy sharing his own opinions. The information provided by me, either on this website or through other methods of communication, does not constitute direction or advice. My Money Wizard, LLC makes no representations as to the accuracy, suitability, timeliness, completeness, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Any mention to any specific securities on this site are my own, unprofessional opinions. Always do your own research and consider consulting a professional before any investment decision.
Note: This page is required by the regulators. I took the generous offer from Tim Ferris to borrow the text and images from his disclosure page, rather than reinvent the wheel, and I have updated this page in response to GDRP.
This blog is not primarily financially driven. I put it up to build a community and share my experiences and learn from other smart readers.
Regardless, beginning December 1, 2009, the FTC requires bloggers to disclose whenever there could be hidden interests or unspoken biases related to recommendations. So here goes…
Per the FTC rules, if I interview someone and they grab the bill for lunch, I would need to disclose this. Ditto if I use an Amazon link that gets me 8 cents instead of an Amazon link that gets me 0 cents. If someone gives me a comfy t-shirt with a logo and I wear it in a photo, same deal. Disclaimers all over the place. This would be tedious for me and even more tedious for readers. But rules is rules. To cover my ass and preserve your reading experience, please assume that, for every link and product I use, the following all hold true:
What information do we collect, and how is it used?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: The Website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: The Website may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: The Website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, The Website will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. The Website may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: The Website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. The Website may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
How your information may be used:
The Website may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third Party Use of Personal Information:
The Website may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Convertkit Email Service Provider – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. Mailchimp stores your name (if provided) and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Facebook Custom Audiences – MMW may display internet-based ads to you when you are using Facebook through a tool offered by Facebook called the Custom Audience Tool. This tool allows MMW to personalize ads based on your browsing history at https://mymoneywizard.com/.
At this time, to the knowledge of MMW, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications.
Except when required by law, MMW will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, MMW may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, MMW may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
MMW is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
MMW additionally has affiliate agreements including, but not limited to, the following companies:
- Personal Capital
- Mr. Rebates
- Big Scoots
- Cash Crate
- Global Test Market
An affiliate agreement means MMW may receive commissions for use of products or services this site recommends.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request through the contact page.
- Amend – You may contact us to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact me immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
From time to time, the Website will publish posts with images from other third-party websites. Any such use is intended considered fair use under copyright laws and is fully attributed to the owner. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and falls outside of fair use, please send a request through the contact page, and we will remove the image within 24 to 48 hours.
Last Updated: October 26, 2018